Friday, July 28, 2006

Coming Home

We get what we give.

I come home late10:00-11:00, sometimes laterabout three nights a week. When I do, I’m usually drug out, low on energy, and tired of putting the happy face. The only thing I want is to be fed, watered, and put out to pasture (i.e. bed).

Here’s the catch. If I come through the door grumpy and demanding, it tends to elicit a similar response from my wife. But if I treat her with even the modicum of respect I gave the board members one hour earlier, I have a loving, comforting, caring spouse to lull me into a blissful state of repose.

Just something I’m learning along the way.

2 comments:

  1. 1) try to remember that she is your most precious earthly treasure

    2) being a pastor's wife is usually a very lonely role

    3) the pressures of your profession on your family life will increase even more when you have children

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deleted comment spamers. Haven't seen them for awhile.

    ReplyDelete