Friday, July 01, 2005

Bible Studies: 2 God

Here's the second instalment in my Bible studies that I'll be posting on Fridays. I should probably now take the time to say that these studies don't necessairly represent any official teaching of my church. They are however, not intended to contradict said teachings, but rather support them. Ultimately, they are the product of my interaction with the Bible in the context of Adventist doctrine and my theological education ("B.A. in Religious Studies"--full disclosure). Preparing these studies has led me to a deeper faith, and I hope you will gain some benefit from them as well (so give me some feedback). Again, the 'answers' are at the bottom.

Study 2: God

1. The question is not what is God, but rather w___ is God. (Ex. 4:13,14).

2. For Christians, God is first and foremost the F_______ o__ o___ L____ J_____ C_____. (1 Peter 1:3, John 14:9)

3. The essence of God is l_____. (1 John 4:8)

4. God’s g_______ never changes. (James 1:17)

5. God’s first act of love to us was c_______. (Gen 1:26-30)

6. God is completely u______. (Deut. 6:4,5)

7. God is the only person who is inherently h____. (Rev. 15:3,4)

8. God’s other great act of love is our s_________. (Ex. 20:11, Deut. 5:15)

9. The t_______ is best understood in terms of how God works to save us (Matt. 28:19, 2 Cor. 13:14).

1. Who 2. Father of our Lord Jesus Christ 3. Love 4. Goodness 5. Creation 6. Unique 7. Holiness 8. Salvation 9. Trinity

No comments:

Post a Comment